The following are the error classification:
- Error code IAK (Invalid Activation Key) - You are using the key which invalid or incorrect to the version of WAT/Torpedo you are using. All keys starts with a number which indicates the version you can used to activate. For example, the key starts with "8TOT" can only be used to activate in any version 8.x and the key starts with "7WAT" can only be used in any version 7.x. A common mistake is that the customer who purchased v7.x key tries to activate the higher version (eg: v8.x), then the key will not work. You are required to download one of the version in the key series you purchased or purchase upgrade.
- Error code ECS101 - This is an error at client side. Either you are entering an invalid key or the format of the key is incorrect. Please enter the key exactly as you received. Sample key format would be as shown below
- Error code ESS101/ESS102 - This could be a connection error to the activation server. Check your internet access - use of proxy or VPN may be causing the issue.
Especially, if you are a new customer of Torpedo, this may happen. We have seen around less than 5% of new users reporting the same. It happens mainly because of some Torpedo configuration does not match with your network speed or website. You may required to do some changes in the Torpedo settings based on below. At first, we recommended to watch the Torpedo video to get a basic working idea https://youtu.be/Qxn9Wc0pMwQ. After this, try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Try unchecking proxy from Torpedo "Geo Location" tab.
- Make sure that you are using direct Internet connection (ie. no proxy configured in your computer to access internet)
- Try making session duration to higher value (6000 or more should work). This is basically depends on your website loading speed
- Try changing traffic engine from Torpedo Settings
There could be some instances where you are not getting traffic when you use proxy and you get traffic when you disable proxy from Torpedo. In such case, please refer the possible causes given below:
- The proxy you added would have been died. Proxy IPs can get invalid or stop working at any time. Whenever you add proxies, use the "Test proxy" option to check proxy and occasionally refresh proxy using the refresh option provided under "Geo Location" tab.
- If your website use WAF such as Cloudflare, proxy IPs can be blocked. You can check that directly by using "Adv Proxy Checker" option (Note: this feature not available in versions before v8.0).
- You should have added proxies supporting only HTTP and your website is using HTPPS. This is a rare case scenario.
The above points are still not helping, please reach out to us via contact form, we are happy to help you.